Better Defrag for Windows XP

Peter 18:31 22 Oct 07

Some time last week someone asked about a faster/better defrag than the one supplied with Windows XP. A suggestion was made, but although I have done some searching I can find the answer that was provided. I think the suggestion was for a free programme.

If anyone can post a link to the original posting or a link to an alternative, preferably free, defrag programme I would be grateful.

Thanks, Peter.

Stuartli 18:32 22 Oct 07

Auslogics Disk Defrag:

click here

Stuartli 18:34 22 Oct 07

You are probably thinking of this thread:

click here

sunny staines 18:43 22 Oct 07

or iobit 4.01 beta both are good. i use iobit.

Peter 01:10 23 Oct 07

Thanks for your assistance, I think it was Auslogics Disk Defrag: I have downloaded it to give it a try.

Peter.

NSBT 01:47 23 Oct 07

I’m not that computer literate, so may I clarify please, I do a regular disc defrag via Start > all programmes > accessories > system tools > disc defrag.

What benefits would it be to use one of the above programmes please?

the Rascal 06:45 23 Oct 07

Because Vistas own defrag is so slow

sunny staines 08:05 23 Oct 07

NSBT

With IObit it runs live defrag in the background whenever the CPU usage falls below 25%. It also optimises the files so most often used files open quicker. Big improvement over the XP one.

I presume Auslogics does the same as IObit but not used that one.

Stuartli 08:12 23 Oct 07

Auslogics is not only quicker, but as far as I can make out, is much more thorough.

I used to use IOBit...:-)

DieSse 08:40 23 Oct 07

"Auslogics is not only quicker, but as far as I can make out, is much more thorough."

Quicker I can understand - can you explain your comment "much more thorough" please.

kdt 21:25 23 Oct 07

i switched to auslogic from diskkeeper lite & also auslogic registry defrag

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009