The better CPU for a Laptop

MIKE. 11:56 04 Dec 09

Hi chaps what is the better CPU for a Small Business an Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8700 or Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Mobile Processor. With Windows 7 using the same amount of Ram.

wjrt 12:22 04 Dec 09
  MIKE. 14:53 04 Dec 09

Thanks wjrt I will go for Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Mobile Processor unless adviced otherwise.

I am Spartacus 15:05 04 Dec 09

It depends on what business use you need. You'll be paying a premium for the Core i7 which would be great if you do a lot of stuff like video editing otherwise it will be wasted. I'm guessing that the i7 may run quite a bit hotter too and will have a poorer battery life.

MIKE. 15:19 04 Dec 09

Many thanks I am Spartacus. The info is more for my neighbour. He runs a small business and wants to upgrade to a new laptop, his main concern is speed. Looking on the Dell site the Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8700 or Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Mobile Processor seem to be the fastest. The cost difference is not a problem just which is faster.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…