better broadband

bert52a 28 Oct 10

I'm really sick of aol.I have to phone up 3 or 4 times a month and they have me trying the same old things, leave it a few days and contact them again .Sometimes I get download speeds of 9mb but then it'll be as low as 1mb or the connection will drop completely.All this started happening after i upgraded my subscription even though they tell me this can have nothing to do with connection probs.
So now I'm looking for a new provider but I don't want loads of hassle.

Anyone out there delighted by their isp?

Well, I have an account with BT and never had any problems (apart from my own when I installled their gear). But I also look after a charity's IT and they use Eclipse(.co.uk) and they have a good reputation.

Strawballs 29 Oct 10

Virgin never had any problems been with them right back to when they were NYNEX

onthelimit 29 Oct 10

Small company called VISPA. Based in Cheshire and for the 2 probs I've had in the last 10yrs, sorted with a local rate call to an engineer in their office. 10/10.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message