Best Wireless Connectors

suburban train 22:20 23 Nov 06

HI All

Which are usually better to connect to a wireless router a USB Adapter e.g click here

or PCI adapter e.g click here

Can anyone recommend any good adapters which will not lose connection to a wireless router?

Thanks

Strawballs 22:23 23 Nov 06

PCI cards can be not as good a reception unless they are the ones with ariel extentions because the ariel is down behind close to the PSU which can interfere with the signal whereas USB quite often come with an extention ot a front port.

Ashrich 22:32 23 Nov 06

If you can't get one the same make as your router then at least try to match the chipset in the router ie. Broadcom , Atheros , Ralink etc. Atheros work well with older Netgear , current ZyXel , Trendnet and D-Link . Ralink chips seem to work well with most wireless routers and are quite cheap ( TP Link ) .

Ashley

suburban train 22:33 23 Nov 06

Hi

Can you provide any links as where i can buy the adapters?

suburban train 22:35 23 Nov 06

Hi Can you recommend any good products or let me know which ones to stay from?

Al94 22:41 23 Nov 06

USB gives the flexibility of being able to position the adapter appropriately, Netgear ones usually pretty good but I would recommend using the same make as the router.

Strawballs 01:02 24 Nov 06

What router do you have?

Strawballs 01:03 24 Nov 06

Sorry and ISP

suburban train 01:25 24 Nov 06

Hello

I know the ISP will be sky broadband not sure of the router make until it arrives in the post. Sky dont provide the adapter!

Ashrich 22:17 24 Nov 06

Are you using a laptop to connect to the internet ? If so how old is it , and what make , might it have wireless built in ?

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…