best wireless channel to use in the uk?

wky 21:27 20 Aug 06

Hi, my wireless connection seems to not be very stable, sometimes it will drop, but it's fine most of the time. I just wondered what wireless channel I should use to make it the best connection possible? I am on channel 6 at the moment. cheers.

brundle 21:49 20 Aug 06

1 6 or 11 are the recommended channels, the 3 most isolated in terms of signal from the others

dms05 09:02 21 Aug 06

Wireless reception can be effected by others broadcasting on the same or adjacent channels. The time to try alternatives is when you are experiencing difficulties. Then the best course of action is to try all the channels in turn until you hit upon one that gives the best stability.

Brundle is quite right. On my own network I use Channels 1,6 and 11 to minimise interference but if a neighbour is using 5 or 8 then they could be interfering with your network. Also remember many other devices use the same frequency spectrun and can interfere (DECT phones for example).

It's a case of trying all the channels and using the one that performs best for you in your location.

wky 10:18 21 Aug 06

k thanks all, will try those options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…