Best wireless ADSL router for under £75?

googley_1 23:36 21 Nov 09

Hello,
I am looking to buy a new router. I recently bought the lynksis wag160n, but it simply isn't providing a strong enough signal.

As you can probably gather from my previous choice, I am looking for a wireless n router with 300mbp/s, with dual antennas and MIMO technology, and most importantly ADSL 2+ (I'm with BT Broadband).

I have now given back the wag160n as I have realised that perhaps what is a really good idea is to get a router with the same specification, but with detachable antennas, so that I can buy additional long range antennas to attach instead.
I have been looking at this router as it seems to have the same specs as the lynksis, but its antennas are external and look detachable.

click here

My questions:
1) Are the antennas on this belkin router detachable?
2) Can you reccommend any other ADSL routers with the same specs as the Lynksis WAG160N, but with external antennas which I can replace (not more than £75)?

I would really appreciate any advice and suggestions.

Many thanks.

User-1229748 11:03 22 Nov 09

are you using a wireless card or usb adapter because certain cards and adapters work better with certain routers where wireless n is concerned.may be worth looking up especially if you already have a card installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…