Best Wireless Adapters

DazeUk 18:57 30 Apr 07

Hi

I've recently had Broadband installed in my house. We've got an 8mb connection and an exceptionally good average connection speed meaning that using my laptop I'm getting maximum download speeds.

The wireless adapter I got with the laptop came as part of a package and now I'm looking for one to go with my PC (preferably USB). I was wondering if anyone has got any reccomendation as to what the best adapter would be to buy. Around the £30 mark but can move up a bit.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

setecio 19:48 30 Apr 07

Buy a match with your wireless wouter.

Strawballs 12:29 01 May 07

Any 802.11g will do as long as will run the encryption that you use, I have a Linksys router a desktop with a Novatech own brand PCI card and a laptop with built in broadcom wireless adapter all running with WPA encrytion no problem.

DazeUk 12:31 01 May 07

Is there no real difference in quality between the brands then?

Thanks

setecio 18:54 01 May 07

It is widely thought that a match for your router works best - ie the same manufacturer and the same type. If router is a Belkin g then a belkin g USB should work best.

DazeUk 10:05 02 May 07

Ik will do. Thank people

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…