best website design software advise please

joby_51 17:53 19 Oct 04

I need to buy some software to aid me in building my website. I have seen MS Frontpage advertised but wondered if any of you had any advice on it's user friendliness or if there are better products available. can anyone advise me please?

stuj77 13:54 20 Oct 04

These are the two of the most famous on the market. I have both but have only recently got Dreamweaver and am yet to experiment with it much yet. I have had Front Page for years and find it very user friendly, if not at times a little annoying, because of the few of the things it does, such as delting my bookmarks etc.

However there are also some freeware and much cheaper web page design programmes available to buy or download on the net on sites such as Just search for website design

spuds 22:05 20 Oct 04

Here's some tutorials for you to check out. Dreamweaver click here Frontpage click here NetObjects Fusion click here

steve263000 17:46 25 Oct 04

I have used Front Page for my site, click here and although it is a "homepage" type site, there are over 20 pages in it. I have found FP very easy to use, but others might not agree. It is used on many sites of all types. I have also had a look at Dreamweaver. I did not get on with it at all. I was once told that the best way to get to grips with that one, is to go on a web building course, something I just have not got the time to do. One good free one is on Mozilla. The browser has a built in web building program.

Teasle 13:14 02 Nov 04

Last year I created a web site for the first time using NetObjects Fusion 4 which I found free in a webdesign magazine. I then upgraded to Fusion MX (also free) and now use NetObjects 7 which I did buy as I was so impressed at the ease of use, that I wanted to develope my skills further and use components that were not available on the earlier free versions. So basically I am saying if you get a chance to use NetObjects Fusion, go for it.

sallyleslie 13:26 02 Nov 04

if you want a really user friendly and reasonably priced piece of software that works very intuitively like a desk top publisher try Serif Webplus 9. I have bought loads of other software, plus books and scoured the net for tutorials and how to's and this is the first time I've gone beyond designing the Home Page in 4 years! I really like it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…