best website design program???

drdeath 17:39 01 Apr 06

My apologies if this subject has been done to death. Im looking for suggestions/help of what you think is a good basic web design program for a novice like myself, im looking to design my own business website, any help appreciated regards

ade.h 18:05 01 Apr 06

Yes, it does get revisited a lot!

As it happens, if you're quick down to a newsagents, you can pick up a CD or DVD copy of PC Pro and get a free full version of Net Objects Fusion 8. 9 is the latest version, but offers very little over 8. I certainly haven't bothered to upgrade.

ade.h 18:09 01 Apr 06

To expand a bit...

It's pretty easy to use (easier than the fabled Dreamweaver and a pretty good product all round really. DW is ultimately more flexible and powerful, once you know it inside out, but have you got £350 to spare? NOF will grow with you and you'll struggle to exhaust its abilities.

PurplePenny 18:21 01 Apr 06

Nvu is free (Open Source) and claims to rival Dreamweaver and Frontpage.

click here

djbenny 13:29 02 Apr 06

notepad and a book teaching HTMl and Javascript

PurplePenny 23:04 02 Apr 06

Not notepad - far to easy to make mistakes and very difficult to track them down afterwards. If you want to get into code you should get a code editor like Crimson Editor (free), Coffee Cup, Cute HTML or HTML-Kit (free for non-commercial use).

click here
click here
click here
click here

Forget JavaScript for now. You need to get to grips with HTML and CSS before getting into scripting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…