Best way to upgrade to Windows XP?

Pip58 22:12 16 Sep 04

Recently I had to restore my computer back to factory settings. I am running Windows 98 SE. I have been given a Windows XP CD to upgrade my computer - but not knowing much about computers, I'm wondering if this will be a good idea. I don't want any more problems. If I use it will it completely wipe W98SE off or just update the programme. Any suggestions and help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Diodorus Siculus 22:17 16 Sep 04

click here for a good guide.

citadel 23:17 16 Sep 04

I would buy a new base unit with xp pre-insalled and with sevice pack 2. xp works better with 512 of ram installed

THE TERMINATOR 23:27 16 Sep 04

You can upgrade 98SE to XP. Setup will save your old code, and if for whatever reason you are not appy with XP you can uninstall it and 98SE will become your operating system again. However if you decide to do away with the old code, you cannot get it back, so save it and try XP, which in my opinion is the best(and I've had em all)....TT

Pip58 23:47 16 Sep 04

Thanks to all for your advice. Pip58

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…