Best way to try and recover deleted emails/data fr

krsna 08:58 09 Jan 09

I have changed my hard drive because the xp operating system on it became corrupted. I have now looked at the old drive via a caddy /usb and many files have got deleted including My Document folder and all my outlook folders. I want to try and use some software program that could recover the deleted outlook data, what would be the best program to do this.

Jollyjohn 09:28 09 Jan 09

If you are looking for old messages use DBX viewer, click here
The trial version only allows you to recover one message at a time.

krsna 12:41 09 Jan 09

Jollyjohn, thanks I will try out dbx viewer

Stuartli 13:34 09 Jan 09

If you mean Outlook Express (you do list Outlook), then I've used OEView with success:

click here

Second on the list.

krsna 23:21 09 Jan 09

Jollyjohn, I have downloaded dbx viewer but i cannot seem to make it work. when I open file a look in box opens and I do not know which folder to try and select, the hard drive is in a caddy and is shown as n drive on windows explorer.

MAJ 23:26 09 Jan 09

If you mean Outlook the files will be contained in a PST file. If Outlook Express then DBX files is what you need to look for.

krsna 23:55 09 Jan 09

I have outlook 2007, where are the files stored, I cannot find them, infact I cannot find the outlook program in windows explorer.

MAJ 00:07 10 Jan 09

I don't use the 2007 version of Outlook but all other versions stored their email folders in a PST file, you should search your old drive for that file, make sure you set the search to look for hidden files as well.

lotvic 00:45 10 Jan 09

You need to have 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' ticked in 'Folder Options'

Why don't you Import the email messages (.dbx Folder) and address book. if it is Outlook Express
File > Import > and make your choice from the list - Messages - Address Book

Choose All folders to import all the messages, and then click Next. You can also choose Selected Folders to import messages from one or more folders.
Click Finish.

Outlook will have a similar Import procedure for .pst and contacts

for instructions, in OE toolbar, Help, Contents & Index, and type> importing messages >click on Display

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5