best way to stream music over wireless network?

scoss 17:14 17 Sep 06

hi, i was looking at apples airport to do this. thing is this is a router as well and i dont want to use this tiny thing as my router aswell as im more then happy with my linksys.

can the airport be used just as a streamer for music?

are there anyother ways i could hook up my hifi wirelessly?

cheers

STREETWORK 18:30 17 Sep 06
  scoss 18:43 17 Sep 06

so does this mean that all i have to do is simply plug airport express into my hifi and it will automatcally sync with my existing wireless network?

"If you already have a wireless network in place, you can use AirPort Express to add music to its capabilities. Let’s say, for example, you have AirPort Extreme set up in your den. There’s no need to scrap this setup and create a whole new one with an AirPort Express Base Station, your DSL or cable modem, printer and stereo all in one place. Simply connect AirPort Express to your stereo in your favorite music room and plug it into an electrical outlet — it wirelessly links to your existing network, letting you play your music in your room of choice without moving anything or connecting anything else."

BBez 23:14 18 Sep 06

VLC - the cross-platform media player and streaming server.

You can use this on PC with mp3 on and stream the music over your LAN to other clients...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…