Best way to record vinyl to hard disk

Hoseman 16:04 10 Jul 04

Ive got an old collection of vinyl which I want to record to my hard drive and I was wondering which was the best way of doing it. Ive borrowed someone's record player so can I connect it straight to my pc or should it be connected to my hifi first and then through the pc? What do i connect where?

Im looking for an easy option which will allow me to get the best or decent sound quality. Thanks. :)

pj123 16:12 10 Jul 04

There are so many threads on this subject it isn't true. Type "vinyl to cd" in the search box and it will come up with at least 18 results. Give it a try.

SEASHANTY 16:20 10 Jul 04

This one seems to have plenty of info
click here

Curio 22:12 10 Jul 04

A bit pricey, but does it properly.
click here

Bapou 23:07 10 Jul 04

Follow Seashanty's advice then buy Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 from click here

This is the program I use and does a great job cleaning out those clicks,hissing,scratches even.

Before going ahead, it can be a long process. There's no fast copy like cassette to cassette, it's real time recording then cleaning in stages to make sure the Export to CD is as good as you can make it.

Bapou 23:13 10 Jul 04

In the Magix website there is a very good, simple to follow 'how to' guide.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…