Best way to get ADSL upstairs?

MichelleC 15:45 09 Oct 03

The main bt phone box is downstairs and I want to use b/b upstairs. I've been told running extension cable upstairs is no good as adsl signal won't carry. Do I have to get the bt engineer in to do it properly or is there another way?

padawan 15:48 09 Oct 03

I`M USING A 25M EXTENSION CABLE FOR MY B/B. MY PC IS UPSTAIRS AND I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM

padawan 15:48 09 Oct 03

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITALS. MY CAPS KEY IS SMASHED

anchor 15:51 09 Oct 03

My main BT box is in the hall, and have fitted an extension cable up to my office upstairs. No problems at all with ADSL.

wags 16:32 09 Oct 03

Ditto padawan and anchor.

clayton 16:38 09 Oct 03

I have a filtered box from clarity & a cable running upstairs with no problem.

MichelleC 16:39 09 Oct 03

Thanks for that guys. How to fit the filters? I've got 2, so do I put 1 downstairs (with 2 phones coming off it plus the extension, and have 1 upstairs coming from end of extension?

padawan 17:01 09 Oct 03

I DIDN`T GET A PHONE EXT. CABLE. I GOT A 25M DSL CABLE AND RAN THAT FROM THE BT CONNECTION BOX IN THE HALL DOWNSTAIRS. THA WAY I ONLY USED ONE FILTER. PLUS IF YOU USE PHONE EXTENSION CABLE, THEN DSL CABLE, I DO BELIEVE YOU WILL BE PRONE TO PROBLEMS

padawan u need to hold down the shift key and caps lock to revert back to lower case....
if this dont help then i do have a disused keyboard you can have........

padawan 17:15 09 Oct 03

THANKS FOR THE OFFER. THATS 2 IN 2 DAYS. HEY IF MY MARRIAGE GOES TITS UP DO YOU THINK SOMEONE WILL OFFER THEIR WIFE TO ME FOR FREE. EITHER THAT OR I HAVE NICE TOWLING BATH ROBE I CAN GIVE IN EXCHANGE

Jester2K II 17:18 09 Oct 03

Got 2 clients who have telephone cables all over their houses to get ADSL upstairs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…