Best Value Video Editing Software

Big Ben 11:29 24 Sep 03

I have a small digital camera that takes video clips with sound, using the avi format.

Is there a cheap or free software i can use so that i can make VCD's of these videos and perhaps a few fancy effects?

MichelleC 11:43 24 Sep 03

The best free one is Tmpgenc at click here which is v g. You'll convert the avi (or dv in editing suite) to mpeg1 for vcd's. If you get hooked (like we do)on dv editing there's a great kit for circa £70 ScreenBlast Movie Studio click here which is rock solid (and I've tried a lot). Another free dv editor is VirtualDub click here

Have fun.

pj123 12:19 24 Sep 03

Haven't used it myself yet but on the November issue of PC Advisor is NTI CD-Maker Deluxe, The Complete and Easy CD Burning Solution, Back up your Files, Share Photos and Video, Make the Most of your Music. Might be worth a try for the cost of a Magazine.

kinger 12:45 24 Sep 03

Don't bother. I purchased the full version of NTI CD-Maker Deluxe and found it slow, clunky and the odd annoying bug. I updated it and it was still bad.

I gave it away to a friend only for him to return it saying it was very weak.

I have since given it to a school fete, where it did't sell so it's in the jumble sale box now.

Belatucadrus 13:21 24 Sep 03

Video Editing :- Zwei Stein click here

pj123 13:48 24 Sep 03

kinger, have now tried it and agree with you. All I get is error messages. So, back to Nero Burn then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…