Best value Partiton and Backup Softwear

Enjukan Budoka 11:15 07 Sep 05

Looking for best value Partiton and Backup SF.
Have tried the free Paragon Partition and It's OK, but want to create a bootable CD for system restore. Also want to back up the system files so I can recover total crash (just had one).
Currently running XP Home, with the Hard drive split into 2 NTFS partitons, one with all the windows guff on it the other with all my program and data files. Have used the system restore but recently had a problem where couldn't even get it to boot up in safe mode.
Tried searching for info on the SF but can't seem to find anything.

xania 12:30 07 Sep 05

So far as Partitioning is concerned, you can't get better than Partition Magic. The Install CD is even bootable so that you can use it to managed your opartitions without even needing an OS. click here

So far as back-up is concerned, there are any number of options available, but my favourite is to use Partition Magic to create a copy of the bootable partition elsewhere on the HD, or on a slave HD. You can then delete the C:\ drive, copy the backup to the C:\, make the new C:\ active and off you go.

stylehurst 14:25 07 Sep 05

Have a look at the Acronis site, they do a Partition software, and True Image which is superb for creating backups especially of system files. Have used both of ther above progs for a long long time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…