Best value DVDs

ChrisP 23:31 07 Feb 03

I am just going into DVD writing. Can anyone advise me where to go to get best value DVDs on- or off-line? Best value means reliable disks and low price.

Many thanks.

[Yes, I did do a search but nothing came up!]

Cordy13 00:35 08 Feb 03

If you mean by 'writing' that you want to copy commercial disks, it is probably better to forget it. Most are protected by Macrovision protection!

ChrisP 00:39 08 Feb 03

NO, I do not mean that. I want to convert my VHS collection into DVD.

ChrisP 00:39 08 Feb 03

NO, I do not mean that. I want to convert my VHS collection into DVD.

Ben Avery 00:42 08 Feb 03

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need to get a certain TYPE of DVD?

i.e. DVD-R DVD-RAM etc depending on manufacturer of drive - or is the media war over and I missed the ending?

BA

Ben Avery 00:42 08 Feb 03

Sorry meant DVD-R, DVD+R etc

Cordy13 00:43 08 Feb 03

Sorry, guess you mean BLANK DVDs, lol!!!

faichfolds 00:44 08 Feb 03

if you are lucky enough to own an ancient VCR you can copy DVD to tape as they don't recognise the coding

ChrisP 01:04 08 Feb 03

I have all the hardware and software. Now I just need a good source of the blank media. If anyone can recommend a good supplier, I would be very grateful. I am familiar with the issues regarding CDs but know little about DVD quality vs. cost.

ChrisP 18:34 08 Feb 03

^^^^^

Stuartli 19:08 08 Feb 03

Try click here which offers an excellent choice and among the keenest prices around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…