Best value DVDs

ChrisP 23:31 07 Feb 03

I am just going into DVD writing. Can anyone advise me where to go to get best value DVDs on- or off-line? Best value means reliable disks and low price.

Many thanks.

[Yes, I did do a search but nothing came up!]

Cordy13 00:35 08 Feb 03

If you mean by 'writing' that you want to copy commercial disks, it is probably better to forget it. Most are protected by Macrovision protection!

ChrisP 00:39 08 Feb 03

NO, I do not mean that. I want to convert my VHS collection into DVD.

ChrisP 00:39 08 Feb 03

NO, I do not mean that. I want to convert my VHS collection into DVD.

Ben Avery 00:42 08 Feb 03

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need to get a certain TYPE of DVD?

i.e. DVD-R DVD-RAM etc depending on manufacturer of drive - or is the media war over and I missed the ending?

BA

Ben Avery 00:42 08 Feb 03

Sorry meant DVD-R, DVD+R etc

Cordy13 00:43 08 Feb 03

Sorry, guess you mean BLANK DVDs, lol!!!

faichfolds 00:44 08 Feb 03

if you are lucky enough to own an ancient VCR you can copy DVD to tape as they don't recognise the coding

ChrisP 01:04 08 Feb 03

I have all the hardware and software. Now I just need a good source of the blank media. If anyone can recommend a good supplier, I would be very grateful. I am familiar with the issues regarding CDs but know little about DVD quality vs. cost.

ChrisP 18:34 08 Feb 03

^^^^^

Stuartli 19:08 08 Feb 03

Try click here which offers an excellent choice and among the keenest prices around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…