Best Value Android Tablet

lowloader 20:07 PM 21 Oct 11

Hello First of all I hope I'm asking this question on the right Helproom? Anyway here goes...I would like to purchase a budget price Tablet around £70-100. I only really want it for transporting Word documents with me which I need for reference when I'm studying. I have read so much information on these gizmos that my head is bursting. Can someone explain please, can you load Word document onto them and can you edit such documents? And would a 7" screen be adequate?

Thanks

lowloader

johndrew 10:29 AM 23 Oct 11

Yes, you can view Word documents onto Android powered gizmos but you need additional software which comes in two forms one of which is free. There is a bit more information on the Android website.

Whether you would find a 7" screen adequate I don't know, I would find it small, but then I'm retired!!! The only way to find out for you is to try it - ask in the store it's cheapest.

As for being in the right forum, again yes.

lowloader 10:42 AM 23 Oct 11

johndrew Thanks for the advice especially regarding the additional software. I'll have a look on the website you mentioned and I guess my next move is to take a trip to the shops!!

Regards

lowloader.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…