The Best USB TV Tuner Card to buy

julius44 19:52 13 Sep 07

Hello all, I need more info and the best USB TV Tuner card to purchase. I have heard that I can use this gadget to watch FREEVIEW channels including sky news. As i'm a virgin media customer i no longer have sky news, so this would be a plus.

If I could get as much info as possible on purchasing a USB TV tuner card, and also how easy it is to set up. I dont wanna open my PC....and thats why i'm goin for the USB type.....also what specs do i need?? My PC is a DELL Dimension 5150 Pentium 4 3.00GHZ, 2.99Ghz, 2.00GB Ram, 120GB internal drive, and an external drive of 320GB, i've had the Pc for 21 months now..windows Xp by the way.......
As much info as possible would be appreciated

holme 09:33 14 Sep 07

Suggest you have a look at this click here which might give you a few pointers on what to buy.

The PC spec doesn't really matter for viewing, we've been running internal TV cards for well over 15 years without problem. (I think the first was a 386 300MHz machine running w95). If you have any thoughts of recording from TV, your PC looks like being far more than adequate. HTH.

sunny staines 15:35 14 Sep 07

you also need to think about the aeriel /antenna a lot of these are very poor unless you are connecting up to the main house aerial.

Technotiger 19:52 14 Sep 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5