Best upgrade for Counter-Strike: Source

NoeK 14:38 14 Nov 04

Current spec:

Pentium 4 3.2Ghz with HyperThreading
128mb GeForce FX 5200
120Gb Hard Drive

While playing Counter-Strike: Source, i'm getting a very low Frames Per Second; almost to a point where it's un-playable. I'm baffled as to why this is on such a recent machine.

What i need to know is what i would need to upgrade to feel the best performance improvement - CPU, RAM or Graphic card?

Best regards

ACOLYTE 14:41 14 Nov 04

Would go for the G/card the 5200 isnt that fast you may be better with the 5700/5900 you can get a 256mb 5700LE for £90 or about now.

NoeK 14:44 14 Nov 04

Thanks. Would i benefit with 1Gb RAM aswell maybe? Thinking or purchasing another 512mb PC3200 stick of memory.

Is the CPU fine for future games?

ACOLYTE 15:05 14 Nov 04

The ram u have should be ok,but as you were thinking of it ,it cant hurt to have as much ram as you can.It may well speed windows up as well,your pc should be ok for future games ,mine not as good a processor as yours and mine plays whatever i put on it.

you want a direct x9 card to get hl2 games working well...

NoeK 16:21 14 Nov 04

Thanks alot to the both of you. I have gathered that i require a new Graphic Card, as top priority, and later on, if i get deperate, a litle more RAM wont hurt. The CPU is fine by the looks.

Best regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…