Best UK based company to buy bare bones Pcs from?

Tonycooper3 21:12 01 Dec 04

Hi,

Any advice about reliable/cheap companies that sell bare bones Pcs - I'm thinking, case, mothernoard, processor, hard drive...?

Thx in advance

Tony

wiz-king 21:20 01 Dec 04

Ask around. Chose one near you that has been around for a couple of years so that you can go back if you have problems, a small firm should be able to quote you a reasonable price that is not much more than you would have to pay from a big outlet. If you dont mind having one that may not be the latest model the consider an 'old model, end of range' one from Morgans.

Meshuga 21:21 01 Dec 04

Don`t know where you live but you could try World of Computers at Milton, near Cambridge. They will build as much or as little as you want and the prices start at about £3oo-£400. Their sevice is 1st class with 3 year warranty irrespective of price. Have a look at their site @ click here. I got mine from them. Meshuga.

howard60 21:22 01 Dec 04

I generally use Novatech - they at least have a very good technical dept which does reply to e-mails and helps where it can.

accord 21:29 01 Dec 04

I was going to say Novatech click here

Tonycooper3 23:19 01 Dec 04

Thanks guys - I'll check both of those out.

Lady Lara 23:32 01 Dec 04

also see ebuyer!!

Pretty good and have use them a few times now

Lady Lara 23:40 01 Dec 04
  Strawballs 01:29 02 Dec 04

If you live anywhere near the Portsmouth area you can go in and check out Novatech

jack 08:24 02 Dec 04

As mentioned click here
for discontinued/overstock ranges usually HP and E Machine. also take a copy of MicroMart out every thursday- all sorts complete and bitz new and used there.

Chris the Ancient 08:52 02 Dec 04

But Novatech take some beating. One the award for best mail order computer company.

I use them for just about everything and have never had a problem. I phone up, go up, pick up, pay up and feel good.

Barebones are here. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…