Best tablet computer ...help required

rsedw 15:54 PM 19 Aug 12

At present I have a Lenovo, android 10" tablet computer which now needs upgrading to the latest version of Android as it is a few years old. Could anyone advise me of tablet that works under Android, has 32GB, 10" screen with plenty of connectivity....eg USB/HDMI etc. I also require GPS?Compass etc. I am not very keen on Ipad or Samsung Galaxy but could be persuaded if they will do what I want. I also want to be able to download my photos from the cameras SD card and get software to work on them.

All suggestions will be considered...many thanks

northumbria61 16:25 PM 19 Aug 12

I don't have one but have heard and read good reports about this one - enter link description here

All the features of the above enter link description here

And some prices to compare enter link description here

ASUS - Reputable Brand - Reliable.

northumbria61 16:28 PM 19 Aug 12

Compare Prices here enter link description here

northumbria61 16:32 PM 19 Aug 12

Ignore that last link (compare prices) as most appear to be for 16GB models.

northumbria61 16:43 PM 19 Aug 12

Also appears that if you get one running older Android version you will be able to get an update enter link description here

As I previously said, I don't have one of these or even own a Tablet but I have been considering one and the ASUS one seems to stand out from the crowd - but that's only my opinion. Acer Iconia A500 is another option with 32GB but I believe the docking station/keyboard is an extra expense.

rsedw 17:12 PM 19 Aug 12

Many thanks for all of the advice given. I had looked at the Asus Transformer and you have confirmed that it is probably the best one for mr. I am going to order one asap.

Many thanks again for your help

rsedw 17:12 PM 19 Aug 12

Many thanks for all of the advice given. I had looked at the Asus Transformer and you have confirmed that it is probably the best one for mr. I am going to order one asap.

Many thanks again for your help

northumbria61 17:18 PM 19 Aug 12

rsedw - thanks for the feedback. I don't think you will be disappointed with the ASUS. Just make sure you confirm the correct specification before you order.

northumbria61 18:10 PM 19 Aug 12

Further - there is also a TF201 model which would cost you more of course!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED