best spyware scan for vista

jade25 10:06 14 Jan 08

Would like a spyware program for vista pc, have been using super spyware but its throwing up a small screen saying a lot of letters and numbers and the word parameters but there was not a lot of sense on it.

Technotiger 10:09 14 Jan 08

PrevX is Grrreat ... click here

rawprawn 11:00 14 Jan 08
  mfletch 11:38 14 Jan 08

Hi,

I second Superantispyware

Prevx is good but is only a scanner unless you pay for it,

I also use Prevx free just for a second opinion,

mfletch

jade25 12:10 14 Jan 08

Have been using super antispyware for a year and it never found anything and thats the one that came up with the small screen that kept stopping it, have scanned with spyware blaster but a year ago was told on here to use spybot, spyware blaster and super anti spyware and it was fine till last night,
Jilla

rawprawn 08:46 15 Jan 08

Uninstall it run a registry cleaner such as CCleaner then redownload and install

ccleaner click here

Superantispyware click here

jade25 11:04 15 Jan 08

I have uninstalled it this morning and forgot about cc cleaner and l have got it, l will do this and re- install it as l did like it and it was good as it didn't load you with lots of cookie stuff.
I still never got sound in my vista pc as you tried to help a year ago but have learnt to live without it and just bought a new sterio. One person had the same problem and he bought a pair of speakers and it worked so that will be the last try.
Thanks for helping with this spyware
Jade

Technotiger 11:10 15 Jan 08

The yearly subscription is not expensive, and IMHO my computer and peace-of-mind is worth it! Surely any good program is worth paying for - I have some great games, like FSX, Tiger Woods, Trainz etc, but I would not expect to get them for free.

rawprawn 11:10 15 Jan 08

If I understand you correctly, make sure you redownload the latest version and install that. It may be that your old version was/has become corrupt.

rawprawn 11:12 15 Jan 08

If you still have no sound, I would start a new thread, I am sure that someone in this forum can come up with an answer.

jade25 11:26 15 Jan 08

Am just going to download it now and your proberly right about its maybe corrupt as have used it for over a year. I still use avg and have sypbot and spyware blaser and up to now they have worked fine, but scanned every week with super antispyware,
Thanks
Jade

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…