best software to make a gallery for a frames site

SumKindaMonster 16:37 12 Mar 04

heres my site.

click here

i was wondering what teh best software would be to make a gallery for it

Taran 18:17 12 Mar 04

I see from your source code that you are using Dreamweaver. Do you have Macromedia Fireworks as well ?

Dreamweaver has a built in gallery feature that relies on Fireworks to process the images. It's all point and click and you just tell it which folder to look in for the source images and Fireworks scoots off and creates thumbnail images and gallery pages for you. You can tweak the results to fit in with your site format after that, but if you don't have Fireworks this is obviously not going to be of use.

In Dreamweaver MX and MX 2004 click on Commands on the top toolbar and select Create Web Photo Album then follow the prompts.

If you go to the Macromedia site and register for the Exchange [only requires username and email address] you can download a free extension called, wait for it "Web Photo Album 2.1" or the latest version which is ""Web Photo Album 2.2" - to quote its full title "Web Photo Album 2.2 for Dreamweaver MX 2004, V2.2.6". Either way, it's a pepped up version of the built-in gallery tool and, since it is free, it can't do any harm to try it.

You can get JavaScripts to do the job: click here and click here for a couple of examples. Note that these, like all JavaScripts, rely entirely on the visitors browser software and its ability to handle the script. At best the gallery will work as intended. At worst, it won't work at all.

If you have any decent image editor then it will be able to create web albums for you. After they are done you can tweak the hyperlinks to react to your frameset. Adobe PhotoShop, Ulead PhotoImpact, Macromedia Fireworks and so on can all build web albums quickly and easily.

If you really wanted to you could implement one of the excellent dynamic albums that store your images and call them via an online database. Here's a PHP/MySQL example click here and here's an ASP example click here

It all depends on what it is you want to do and how much you want to get involved. The mere fact that you've chosen frames will be your stumblibng block for this and other issues. I don't know of any automated image gallery builder that will take a frame site navigation structure into account and for that and a lot of other very good reasons you could do worse than redesign the site into a single page table layout.

SumKindaMonster 10:08 13 Mar 04

thanks prob sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…