Best Shopping Cart

dsritchie 21:34 17 Jun 05

Whats the best shopping cart that allows you to use any merchant bank and processing gateway? Or at least be able to use my most gateways of your choice?

PurplePenny 23:28 17 Jun 05

There are a lot of them out there. How much do you want to pay?

OsCommerce is open source, therefore free, and has all manner of bells and whistles, including many payment gateways:

click here

The only problem is that it is an out-of-the-box, complete shop so if you already have the web site set up with a shop on it might require a complete re-write.

dsritchie 01:31 18 Jun 05

I'm not too worried if its an out of the box style shop as the site has not been written yet. I have been asked to build an online store for someone and although i can design websites this is my first look into the e-commerce world. Now the person doesnt want to go through paypal or anything, they will probably go through some merchant account. But the more i look at most of these shopping carts they seem a bit restricted when it comes to payment gateways or is that just me?

I did have a little look at oscommerce, it looked good but you seem to have to tinker about with it, and im not really that familar with php scripting, plus the host server needs to be capable of taking php scripting and not all hosting is. So im looking for something that will run on most servers without hassle and can take the normal merchant accounts. I dont want to spend a fortune but i want something decent.

dsritchie 12:19 18 Jun 05

Is X Cart gold or ClickCartPro any good? Sorry for all questions, I just want to make sure i get the right bit of software and that it doesnt take a Phd to use!

AndySD 12:36 18 Jun 05

click here

Not cheap but easy to use and a 30 day trial to see if you like it.

PurplePenny 23:43 18 Jun 05

You don't really need to be familiar with PHP to run OsC. I set it up with no knowledge of PHP at all. I tinkered with it quite a bit, PHP is quite easy to fiddle with, you just have to be careful to keep a copy of the original version just in case.

In the end I didn't use OsC. because it did too much and so many sites using it, or one of its derivatives, look much the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…