//some 3rd party need geo

best settings for compatable ink cartridges

joeltr 13:32 10 Jun 04

have a problem with my printer, epson CX3200, the original ink that came with the printer was very good, i purchased four compatable inks from the net, the colours are every bit as good as epsons own but the skin tones are very grainy, large areas of say, grass, look just the same,i have tried many variations to the printer, (photo,best photo etc), but the problem is still there,i know you get what you pay for, but all the comments from people on pcadvisor website generally seem very pleased with compatables,can anyone help please, joel.

SANTOS7 14:00 10 Jun 04

a better quality paper may compensate for useing compats

pj123 14:30 10 Jun 04

I get all my ink and glossy paper from Choice Stationery click here and have never had a problem using my epson photo 915 printer.

Gongoozler 14:36 10 Jun 04

I agree with the suggestion made by SANTOS7. One of the justifications given by manufacturers for the high prices they charge is that their inks are more bleed resistant, and therefore more tolerant of paper quality. I find that on photo paper compatible and refill inks give quite acceptable, if not top, quality pictures. For printing text on cheap paper, I set my printer for lower ink quantity to minimise bleeding.

joeltr 17:19 10 Jun 04

sorry for delay, the paper i am using is from choice stationery 210gs, i also have inksaver installed at 15% saving, i will try another type of paper, would i be better trying a heavier paper? im really in the dark on this one, regards joel.

struggle8 17:21 10 Jun 04

hey pj123 what do you pay for your ink i.e colour cartridge

joeltr 17:40 10 Jun 04

managed to get a couple of sheets of fujifilm multijet satin paper from a neighbour,270gsm, and there is a big improvement in quality,so it looks like using good heavyweight paper is the answer, thans all, regards,joel.

Smiler 18:56 10 Jun 04

you say you are using ink saver at 15% there is always a trade of for asny saving so have you tried printing without using inksaver?

joeltr 19:17 10 Jun 04

thanks for that, i will give it a try and see if it improves any, joel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…