//some 3rd party need geo

best settings for camcorder

joeltr 14:36 17 Sep 05

i finally got my new camcorder up and running, and i took some footage around the house and garden, when i played it back on the cams lcd it looked nice and bright, but when i captured it with pinnacle 9.4SE,(it was bundled with camera) it looked very different,i managed to get it onto a blank dvd(six minutes)it didnt look very bright atall,i would be very grateful for any help with the cameras settings,ie indoors & out etc, also can the digital DV tapes be recorded over?. thanks,joel.

VideoSentry 15:46 17 Sep 05

1st, Yes the tapes can be recorded over,have you viewed the output from the Camcorder direct on a TV to make sure it is the camera and not the capture software?
Brian

joeltr 16:24 17 Sep 05

yes i did that first, it just seems dark and lacking colour, i have just been reading the manual about white balance, i will try to use that setting, thanks, joel.

LAP 18:31 17 Sep 05

If you are new to video, may I suggest that you set all settings to 'best' and 'auto'. You should get very good results. There should be no need to alter the white balance. Alter this later when you understand your camera. As VideoSentry states replay on your TV. If you have Win xp try Movie maker. What camera have you got?

joeltr 19:13 17 Sep 05

thanks LAP my camera is a canon MV830,yes its my first movie camera, like i said earlier my only footage is of the inside of the house and garden(from inside the house also), i will get out and about tomorrow and try again, thanks again, joel.

woodchip 23:18 17 Sep 05

Any settings will only work in manual mode. Auto over rides these

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…