Best set of security programmes to use?

hawthorn59 04:28 15 Mar 07

I apologize in advance for this as Im sure you get this question a lot, but I am wondering if i could have your valued opinions as to the best security programmes to use. Ive just got a new laptop and on the old one used

Avast antivirus (I have just this running at the moment on the laptop)
Ad-Aware
Spybot Search and Destroy
AFT Cleaner
Hijack This
Comodo Firewall
Windows Defender

i think they were working pretty well. Though I did not really understand most of Comodos messages, everything seemed to be a potential threat! Also Spybot's log after a search confused me and i removed nothing! Should i have spyware blaster?

Anyway I have 2 or 3 of the latest DVDs from PC mags with practically every free security programme available, so i would welcome recommendations as to what to install.

Many thanks

kevin

julius44 07:01 15 Mar 07

Hi Kevin.....i have a desktop, and on the latest edition of pc advisor..there is a program called Kaspersky internet security 6.0. Peronally i'd say this application is SUPERB, as it incorporates a firewall, anti virus, spyware ect, all in the package. Its totally free for 6 months...and u have access for that period. Its very light on pc memory, but u'll be blown away. I also use AVG version 7.5 which is also free. So i'd say u shoud try both of these and u'll be fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…