best scanning software?

Tecno Dan 12:00 01 Feb 03

good afternoon all,

I have just been given a scanner, although was not supplied with the software that came with it.

I would want the software to be able to do OCR as well as just scanning pictures.

Anybody have any recomendations on good scanning software?

regards,

Dan

Djohn 12:25 01 Feb 03

Tecno Dan Which make/model of scanner have you got, and did you get the drivers for it?

Usually the best software is the one that comes with a scanner, that is until you exhaust it's capabilities, and then pay for one that is most suitable to your particular needs. Regards, J.

Tecno Dan 12:31 01 Feb 03

its the Acer Scanprisia 620UT and I downloaded the drivers for it the other day, although the website did not say which scaning package it came with.

So i was just wondering what people regard as a good general scanning package?

regards,

Dan

Djohn 12:52 01 Feb 03

I use the Canon software that came with my scanner and Omnipage se for OCR also use PSpro for Photo's, version 5, old now but is a free program on cover CD's and more than capable for the job.

anchor 12:59 01 Feb 03

As you do not have the original software, I assume that you would like some "freebies".

For your basic scans, then Irfanview will do this for you.

click here

A free OCR programme can be found on

click here

Certainly, better are available, but these would have to be purchased. Post back, if you want to do this.

Tecno Dan 13:11 01 Feb 03

thanks guys,

i might be able to persuade my parents to pay for a full program. what would you recommend in the "paying" catagory of software for scanners?

many thanks for your replys so far

regards,

Dan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…