Best program to use for backup?

MikeWhiteSW5 22:56 01 Sep 06

I have a Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop (Windows XP Home Edition) and a separate Lacie plugin hard drive (capacity 232GB which is many times the size of the hard drive of my laptop). What is the best program to use for backing up my computer onto the other hard drive in such a way that I can restore stuff (either everything or selectively) in the event of a crash or other disaster?

Mike White

woodchip 23:10 01 Sep 06

Acronis True Image

terryf 06:30 02 Sep 06

Use Acronis True Image (download a 30 day free trial to see if you like it) to backup but don't be surprised if you do incremental backups that the additional incremental backups could be as big as the original backup. I have the'luxury' on my PC of having 2 drives and only keep OS and program files on C all other stuff is on 2nd HD. In your case I would backup the whole drive to get all your OS and Progs backed up then do a selective 'Files and folders' for your data from time to time. There is a facility to note what you have backed up which is included with the backup

dregn 07:28 02 Sep 06

Try Cobian Backup - click here
The latest version is 8 (Black Moon )It is very straightforward to use reliable and best of all it is free ! (Donations requested.)

rawprawn 09:36 02 Sep 06

Acronis TI

rawprawn 09:38 02 Sep 06

Sorry nobody gave you the Acronis link
click here

anksyber. What's happening!

MikeWhiteSW5 12:47 24 Jul 07

I finally got Acronis TI on the basis of the information provided. Thanks for the responses. Mike White

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…