Best Printer Ink

Saintsman 19:35 12 Nov 05

I need to purchase new ink for my Brother MFD. I would rather use own brand but is it really necessary? I have heard that some of the refill types are okay for general printing but when you use them for photos, fade over time (I have seen this myself.

Can anyone recommend a good quality ink that isn't going to break the bank or am I really better of using Brother ink?

Skills 20:08 12 Nov 05

Ive not used refils myself but I use compatable cartridges for my epson. They produce very good results and this thing with fade time is overrated I think. I mean if a picture starts to fade after a year or two just print off another copy, the saving you get from using compatables or refils more than makes up for it.

Strawballs 22:04 12 Nov 05

I have a Brother DCP-110C and I use click here and have done now for a few years and have never had a problem, they sell both genuine and compatable. The link will take you straight to the relevant page for Brother.

Stuartli 23:52 12 Nov 05

Tesco sells the Jettec refill bottles at very competitive prices and Morrisons those from JR.

I've used both brands for many years in both refill and compatible cartridges form and the results are excellent.

However, for serious photographic work, it's best to use originals.

spuds 10:58 13 Nov 05

Used these click here in the past and found them okay.Prefare to refill the difficult to get Lexmark cartridges myself, as it run out very much cheaper, at about 50p a refill.

Gongoozler 11:19 13 Nov 05

My experience is that manufacturers originals are best if you want the optimum colour rendition and long fade-free life. Compatibles can be much cheaper and are very good, but sometimes text can be slightly fuzzy and the colours may fade over time. Refills are by far the cheapest, but it takes practice not to make a lot of mess while refilling and after a few refills the cartridge may start showing stripes of irregular ink coverage.

Angry Kid 11:32 13 Nov 05

I use these people and have always been satisfied.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…