Best price Canon inks?

1936 15:28 06 Jun 09

I have been surfing the Web looking for the most cost effective colour inks for my Canon Pixma iP6000D and am getting fed up with the way that many Web pages attract you onto their sites by coming up when I have keyed in "original" only to find that they are merely "compatable".
Can anyone make a sugestion as to where the best price Canon Pixma iP6000D inks can be found?

Jim_F 16:13 06 Jun 09

I've used ChoiceStationery for a number of years -they supply both branded and compatibles.

FWIW I've always been happy with the compatibles (use in Epson stylus color and Canon PIXMA).

Taff™ 16:17 06 Jun 09

Often recommended Choice Stationery click here Consistently cheaper than most but you might have to wait 5 days for the delivery. By the way the Think compatibles as sold by them are perfectly adequate for most and I would recommend them to you.

1936 16:39 06 Jun 09

Stationery looked the cheapest although I noticed their crafy trick of showing the lower price for two before the more expensive price for one to the right.
I could not see if they offered packs of four or six which other sales outlets do.
I have to say that "compatable" inks worry me.

Barnacarry 16:50 06 Jun 09

I've been using Choice Stationary for 4 years and their products are extremely good with fast 'free' delivery, and I only ever use 'compatible' inks, both on my Epson and Canon printers. For the price of one cartridge why not just try it and see for yourself?

interzone55 16:57 06 Jun 09

"I have to say that "compatable" inks worry me."

I've been using compatible inks for many years - in fact the only genuine inks I've every used are the ones shipped with the printer.

Choice Stationary offer a very good service, and their compatible inks are guaranteed. From: click here

"should a product prove to be defective, Choice will either offer a replacement or a full refund of the purchase price. Furthermore, we guarantee that our cartridges will not damage or alter the performance of the printer or photocopier. In the unlikely event that our products are proven to have caused damage to a printer or photocopier,we will pay for the repair costs, but only to the maximum of the current printer value"

The only time I've had trouble with compatibles was from Cartridge World where 3 separate cartridges would not work on one or all colours. As they're refilled in store I rather think it was the fault of the numpty in the store rather that the quality of either the cartridges or the company...

sidecar sid 17:04 06 Jun 09

I would have to agree with all the above posters.
I have used Choice for several years and have never had a problem.
A bit more about there compatables.
click here
Also if you fancy giving them a try order before midnight monday and use voucher code PC9436 for 10% off your order.

brambles 17:15 06 Jun 09

1936 - I use click here
The price they charge for your BCI-6 in Black, Cyan, Magenta, Photo Cyan, Photo Magenta,Yellow are all £8.39 free postage. I use them for my Pixma iP4500 and found them prompt + relable.

I responded to a similar enquiry on the forum and someone else quoted Amazon as competitively priced but they may not include postage.

Hope this helps

Brambles

blanco 18:43 06 Jun 09

I used Choice for several years but, after a time with my Canon, I found the transfer of the chips created some problems for me.

Recently I have used ijtdirect because theirs come ready to put straight into the printer as 'refills' and all the usual software showing levels etc seems to work.

1936 18:48 06 Jun 09

Whats this with transfer of chips?

1936 18:51 06 Jun 09

After attempting to send an order for over 30 minutes to Choice I've given up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced