Best practice for installing progs?

mitsme 22:05 19 Apr 07

I have always wondered, do you shut down everything? All that is in your Sys Tray, Internet connection, Anti-Virus, Firewall etc.?

L_Driver 22:13 19 Apr 07

I would say best practice involves-
Disable A/V and also set a restore point before installation. At any rate, that is my practice and no major issues to date re installs.

VoG II 22:16 19 Apr 07

Nothing - I live dangerously.

mitsme 22:42 19 Apr 07

I also live dangerously. So VoG what do you reccomend?

Strawballs 22:44 19 Apr 07

Where I am on always connected I always leave AV on but just close any other running programs.

Stuartli 23:41 19 Apr 07

I just install any programs that I have downloaded unless advised otherwise by the installation process (even then I don't always comply) and never have any problems.

But, whenever I install a program, application, utility etc, I always immediately run CCCleaner for any Registry Issues...:-)

Belatucadrus 23:48 19 Apr 07

If you're in the habit of trying out loads of stuff and want to take precautions, try the free version of Total Uninstall click here keeps a track of most changes and restores them if you use it to uninstall the application. For most people it's probably overkill, but I use it as I tend to play around with downloads a lot and this keeps a lot of debris out of the registry.

mitsme 12:37 25 Apr 07

Thanks I will check out some of those utilities.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5