Best -£200 laptop - refurbished an option?

bob dob 20:50 17 Mar 17

Hi all. I would like to buy a sub £200 laptop primarily for browsing and burning DVDs, ideally with Windows 7 as this is for my mum who is used to Vista so Windows 8 or 10 may be too big a leap. Please could anyone offer any options or websites that you could recommend? I am willing to go above £200 if necessary and will consider refurbished laptops.

I did try ebuyer but did not have much luck.

Thank you, B

The Kestrel 21:35 17 Mar 17

There a whole range of refurbished Windows 7 laptops here click here I have not used this company so can't comment about there service. Try googling them for reviews if interested.

The Kestrel 21:37 17 Mar 17

Sorry previous link doesn't seem to work. Try this one click here and then select Windows & under operating systems .

The Kestrel 21:38 17 Mar 17

Above should read Windows 7 not Windows &!!!

bob dob 21:56 17 Mar 17

Wow, thank you so much for your help!! Quick one - Am I right in thinking that the Intel Celeron is a verrry old and poor processor?

rdave13 22:30 17 Mar 17

Wow, thank you so much for your help!! Quick one - Am I right in thinking that the Intel Celeron is a verrry old and poor processor?

Yes.

wee eddie 22:40 17 Mar 17

£200 is not a lot of money. Another £100 will increase your options immensely

bob dob 22:44 17 Mar 17

Excellent advice!

bob dob 08:53 19 Mar 17

Hi all. Please could I ask for any comments on this one: click here

wee eddie 11:22 19 Mar 17

Looks OK.

Be aware of the "Special Value" "Not in Stock" trick

bob dob 11:47 19 Mar 17

Ooh, what's that?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac