best pop up stopper software

Carm0 17:03 18 Apr 04

currentley using panicwares free popupstopper

i dont think its very good could some 1 recommend the best popup stopper software i dont mind paying for it either thx

VoG II 17:05 18 Apr 04

Google toolbar click here

Very handy for searching as well.

QQAA 17:34 18 Apr 04

i believe you would be better off by using the paid version "Pop-Up Stopper Pro" (showed in the system tray as a yellow-colour hand instead of white) click here although it is by no mean perfect.

anyway, overly agressive tools in this area might actually create more problems (and inconveniences) than what it has solved.

some people here may be awared of any such tool that are perhaps near-perfect, if they come forward to share their know-how in this area.

pj123 17:38 18 Apr 04

I use Google Toolbar and have reset it to zero 6 times already and it has now still blocked another 195. I usually reset it when it gets to about 200 blocked.

end 11:25 19 Apr 04

this "novice" is using GuardIE, soon to be upgraded to Guardwall..obtianable from
click here
and an excellent site for TESTING the effetivenes OF the tool YOU choose is
click here
GuardIE can be configured to YOUR "needs" , I personally find it works beautifully , and it passes all the tests on the popup test site....once you HAVE made your choice, put it for a spin through the tester and see for yourself......

AcidBurn7uk 11:32 19 Apr 04

Can't go wrong with Norton Internet Security.
Includes:
Firewall
Anti-Virus
SPAM Blocker...

...oh and a popup blocker :)

I've had one ad displayed in a week, dropped that into "the ad-trashcan" and had nothing since!

end 14:36 27 Apr 04

have you found what you are looking for yet??

click here, try this one

Andybear 20:25 27 Apr 04

I'm with VoG™ and pj123 - you can't go wrong with the Google toolbar. I wouldn't be without it now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac