Best Photo editing software

Tony uk 07:54 09 May 04

Hi all can i please have your view's on the best photo editing software,and also are there any good freeware one's.

Thanks Tony

nonnie 08:11 09 May 04

Tony, download ACDSee. vers 6. it is a free trial for 30 ndays. It is cheap to purchase
I think it is the easiest to use but not the most comprehensive.

golfpro 08:16 09 May 04

There are lots, but remember BEST is never FREE. It depends what you want to do with it, if its just for adjustments to size, cropping etc. then try Irfanview click here But if you want a more comprehensive program I use Photoshop 7, a great tool that does just about everything.

nonnie 08:27 09 May 04

Golfpro is ofcourse correct. BUT, often I find expensive s/ware is a pain to use, although I have used photopaint vers.7. I still prefer ACDsee. It is faster to use.

Tony uk 08:28 09 May 04

Thanks nonnie and golfpro i already have Irfanview but i now have a fuji finepix A204 digital camera and want to get the best out of it.

I do understand free does'nt mean best,but there seems to be alot of very good freeware around.
and i don't want to go spending money till i had some feedback from people i respect on here.

Thanks again Tony

Boluwd 10:12 09 May 04

I'm pleased with my Paint Shop Pro Version 8 which you can get at half price at some retail outlets at the moment, around £50....our local W H Smiths had it on offer last week, and it's often at a discount in PC World. Adobe Photoshop is usually regarded as the beesknees but it's expensive. I also have Irfanview which is free and does the basic stuff well.

Pesala 11:13 09 May 04

Best is sometimes free. Irfan View is hard to beat. I have Corel PhotoPaint and Corel Draw, but I use the free programs Serif PhotoPlus 5.5, DrawPlus 4.0, and Irfan View far more than the paid-for programs.

Best is not necessarily the program with the most features. The majority of users are not professionals. The best tool for the job is just the one that best fits your purpose.

Tony uk 11:26 09 May 04

Thanks for all the reply's,i've downloaded ACDSee demo and just been playing around with it.

It look's ok thanks for that nonnie.one further question if i download some of the others programs sugested "if there are demo's or free trials of them" will i have to uninstall ACDSee or will they all be ok on together ?

Thanks Tony

Simsy 12:08 09 May 04

you should be able to install them all without problmes...

However, I have ACDSee5 and PhotoImpact7, (amongst others). There was a small problem where these 2 were conflicting with one another...

They each installed a different version of a .dll file. (I can't remember which one). Neither was the original as provided on Win98se disc... restoring the file from the OS disc resolved the problem.

I repeat however, something like this happening is rare!

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Belatucadrus 12:18 09 May 04

Picture/Photo editing :- The gimp click here Photoplus5 click here Project Dogwaffle click here
XNview click here

Tony uk 12:23 09 May 04

Thank you all very much

I think i have enough to be going on with.
i'll close the thread

Thanks again Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…