The best PDF Translator Software?

fitchie23 20:57 05 Feb 15

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice as to which PDF Translation software is worth getting. I'm trying to translate a Chinese Thesis into English, so it's a pretty large document. Any feedback is much appreciated. Cheers

wee eddie 01:21 06 Feb 15

I did not know that you could translate directly from a PDF. I thought you had to turn it into a TXT style document for the Translator to work

xania 10:33 06 Feb 15

I agree. .pdf is merely a set of pictures which needs to be transferred to text before it can be manipulated. If its not password protected, you can usually cut and paste into something like MSWord and then its a much simpler process. However you may need to contact the person who created the .pdf for permission to do this as copyright may exist.

xania 10:35 06 Feb 15

Try this:

click here

fitchie23 13:32 06 Feb 15

Thanks for the replies. Apparently sites such as babylon translator offer pdf translation, although according to many user reviews its full of malware so was going to try and avoid it. I have tried txt copy and paste to sites such as google translate but, to be honest, the sentence structure becomes very incoherent when translated.

That memoQ looks promising, thanks for the heads up will give it a try.

xania 13:24 09 Feb 15

Please click this as closed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5