best pc under £500

martd77 14:50 28 Jan 07

hi looking around to but my son a new pc,he just needs the base unit he already has lcd monitor,etc
Amd or intel,he uses it for internet,homework and playing games so a good graphics card is essential
Experience and advice from other users on this forum would be gratefully received(no pc world recommendations please)
£500 is my limit

Thanks

ed-0 14:53 28 Jan 07

In my opinion,

If you posess an operating system to go onto it, then build your own. You will find it hard to get a gaming machine for £500.

Totally-braindead 14:58 28 Jan 07

I was actually going to look at the PC World units first as you can actually buy the full system without the monitor etc, which drops the price.
click here slightly over budget if you need to buy the operating system but it has a graphics card that is good enough to play the latest games and all the other components are reasonable for the price. There are others if it is slightly too dear.

ed-0 15:08 28 Jan 07

click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

That should come to about £420. You could use the extra money for a better graphics card or 2Gb of memory.

martd77 16:08 28 Jan 07

cheers but im not into pc building my skills arent that good,the novatech looks a very good deal indeed
thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…