Best PC repair tools - if any!

MuDelta 19:18 09 Nov 10

Are there any repair tools worth spending money on and if so, which ones does anyone recommend or what should you do instead?

northumbria61 19:25 09 Nov 10

These are too numerous to mention and all claiming to be "the best" - if you protect your computer in the first place and continue to do so you will have no need for so called "repair tools".

You need a good Firewall, Anti Virus, and Anti Malware.

lotvic 19:25 09 Nov 10

Are you talking about screwdrivers etc to get the casing off and take HDD's out? If so then just get one that fits the screws.

northumbria61 19:29 09 Nov 10

lotvic - you might be on the right track - only time will tell - in the meantime I will keep "guessing"

MuDelta 19:37 09 Nov 10

lotvic

Not screwdrivers!! Software. Sorry I did not make question clearer. It seems to be a case of "when I nods my head, hit it" !!

northumbria61

Good guess.

MDM

lotvic 19:41 09 Nov 10

Now all we need to do is guess the Operating System :)

MAT ALAN 19:47 09 Nov 10

click here
i subscribe to this, faultless piece of kit...

robin_x 19:53 09 Nov 10

Assuming this is not an Iranian Stuxnet virus repair to get the centrifuges back online, try Hiren's Boot CD for a collection of lots of utilities.

click here

northumbria61 22:04 09 Nov 10

lotvic - "Now all we need to do is guess the Operating System :)" Or is it a Dragon 32 or Commodore 64

lotvic 22:31 09 Nov 10

northumbria61 - I'll get me coat, sorry I mean mac ;)

lotvic 22:33 09 Nov 10

come on MuDelta, the suspense is killing us... :))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…