Best PC configuration for gaming within Rs.30000/-

sabha0786 18:32 PM 16 Jan 13

I own a PC with the following specs presently:

Motherboard - Intel D945GCR, Processors - Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s),Graphics Card - Nvidia Geforce GT430, RAM - 2GB DDR2, SMPS - Intex 400W

I am planning to upgrade my PC after six long years to be able to play games like Max Payne3, Far Cry3, Crysis3 etc. in high graphics settings without any hitch.I am not looking to upgrade again after this for another 3-4 years. What will be the best configuration for me within a budget of around Rs.30000?

Ian in Northampton 18:45 PM 16 Jan 13

How much is Rs.30000 in £, € or $?

sabha0786 18:50 PM 16 Jan 13

It is equal to 550$.

Ian in Northampton 19:11 PM 16 Jan 13

OK, so about £350 (most of the people on the forum are Brits - hence the conversion... :-) )

I'm not sure whether an upgrade is appropriate, or whether you really need a new PC. The GT430 is a pretty inexpensive graphics card, and, for those games at good resolutions, I'd guess you're going to need something like a GTX560. To do justice to a GTX560, you really need a quad core CPU for gaming, clocked at 3GHz up. I'm not sure your motherboard will support a quad core CPU - and your PSU would be right on the edge of what it would need to be to support a more powerful graphics card. You'd also definitely need a memory upgrade - to at least 4GB, ideally 8GB. And: it seems there are new games that only support W7.

So, that's probably more than an upgrade - it's pretty much a new machine. I just bought a quad core )4GHz), GTX560SE, 8GB PC off eBay for a little over £400. Have you checked eBay where you are?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…