Best P2P Software name required

Rubz 13:07 20 Jan 05

anyone know the name of the best p2p software that has:
no viruses or spyware etc

tanzanitre 13:12 20 Jan 05

Is the where the fireworks start?

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:19 20 Jan 05

Not wishing to be sarcastic but by it's very nature P2P software can never be virus free and even worse is that you give permission for any evxe files to run. You could try buying the CDs legit and these will have no viruses.

G

ACOLYTE 13:25 20 Jan 05

If you goto the shop and ask the nice man/woman to share with you there Cd's they will say OK,you pay the sharing fee and they give you the CD,no virus no spy ware.

Totally-braindead 13:27 20 Jan 05

Afraid I must agree with the others, there ain't no such thing. When you download something from one of these sites you do so at your own risk as the files you download may not be what you thought they were. Its up to you whether you wish to use them or not. Omly comment I would make is avoid Kazaa like the plague, it is a nightmare full of viruses and spyware although the newer versions may be different I wouldn't know.

topdude 19:15 20 Jan 05

Had no probs with "WINMX" but it has become unusable recently.

Now using "LIMEWIRE" again no probs found yet.

dogbreath1 19:32 20 Jan 05

...with no problems at all. No malware, no viruses. I am not aware as to how an mp3 file can transmit executable code to your p.c. but would be interested to find out if this has happened. The worst problem that I've encountered so far is opening an mp3 file after a long download session to find that it plays for a short while and then plays silently 'for ever' On checking the file size, it can be between 1 and 2 GB. Some sad barsteward's idea of fun. Check out click here
for the facts. For the record I use XP+SP2+Firefox+ Avast+Spywareguard+CCleaner and regularly scan with Spybot, a-squared, CWShredder, Stinger and the new MS Beta Antispyware. I also scan with HJT and Panda periodically. Personally I believe the moral and legal issues to be greater than the security one but that is for you to decide.

Magik ®© 19:39 20 Jan 05

if you want to share your copyright pictures or files, or your own rendering on the piano..then the best one is Ares, advert free and fast.

that should keep them off my back :-)

johnnyrocker 20:19 20 Jan 05

i have found shareaza to be ad/spy/virus free.

johnny.

rickf 20:27 20 Jan 05

Limewire and Wmx is what I would use.

2neat 20:47 20 Jan 05

e-donkey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…