Best Option when upgrading on a budget

Greengo 16:36 04 Jun 06

I have a PC with a First International Computer, Inc. CW33 1.X motherboard,
Bus Clock: 66 megahertz,
433 megahertz Intel Celeron.
Socket 370 motherboard.
Can I just buy a faster intel celeron processor or do is it best to upgrade the board while i'm at it?

SANTOS7 16:40 04 Jun 06

click here
upgrading on a budget some, cheap options here..

thms 17:12 04 Jun 06

click here

for a few extra quid hsve it pre-installed in case.

SANTOS7 17:16 04 Jun 06

Good spot thms,missed them, not too shabby!!

kjrider 17:17 04 Jun 06

RAM some more memory for a quick and easy starter - unless you have plenty anyway.

You can get Motherboards new from £15, and 1Gb AMD CPU for about the same, so for £30 you could make some improvements.

Try Ebuyer or Ebay.

Diemmess 17:30 04 Jun 06

Probably not.

There will be a limit dictated by the motherboard. Things have moved so fast that you will not be able to buy a suitable CPU except from ebay or a recycling outfit.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but the changes since the old computer was sold have left little chance of an upgrade costing less than replacement with a new budget PC.

You can save all your data away from the old PC, but will need to start from scratch installing the OS and most applications if you change the mobo.

If you are lucky you may know of some firm or source where 3 years is total time before scrapping the old and in with the new!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…