Best Notebook/Lappy Cooling Pad?

QinesiQ 22:34 21 May 07

I would like to buy a cooling pad for my lappy. I am not having any problems but I do worry about heat.

This one looks quite good: click here and it seems well thought of.

Does anyone know of a better one/alternative?

Thank you

skidzy 06:56 22 May 07

One of the best ways to keep a lappy cooler is not to have it directly on your lap,this restricts the air flow.Daft really when they are called laptops !

I use click here
probably not as good as your link but is effective.

QinesiQ 13:23 22 May 07

Hi skidzy and thanks for your link

btw if I am going to use it on my knee I place it on a hard placemat(the heat proof ones for protecting tables from hot dishes/pans)This way I know its on a ridged surface and no air flow is restricted (well that’s the plan).

Usually I just use my wifi mouse (on my knee) and lappy sits on coffee table.

Anyhoo, I’d still like the comfort of knowing there is some extra cooling going on.

I am Spartacus 13:27 22 May 07

I use that Antec on a Laptop that gets very hot underneath. With the fan on the lowest setting the internal laptop fan rarely kicks in when it used to run every few minutes or so.

On the full speed setting (there's only 2) it is quite noisy however the noise is acceptable at the lower setting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…