Best & most economic virus-checker ?

kopiller 13:12 10 Jan 04

I've just replaced my old PC with another, shinier model and other than the pre-installed 'PC-cillin 2002' (regularly updated) which came with the system, don't have any other virus-checkers running.

Am I just being paranoid for thinking that this might not provide me with the water-tight security we're all looking for? I have a DSL connection running XP Pro with the firewall activated. I also run both Ad-aware 6 and Spybot every couple of days.

Any reassuring advice or possible alternative solutions would be great ...?

dazzling (work) 13:15 10 Jan 04

as long as its updated youll be ok maybe a bit paranoid like me.darren

johnnyrocker 13:20 10 Jan 04

click here for free antivirus with auto update which you can configure for your convenience, i suspect your pc cillin will be a trial version so be prepared.

Belatucadrus 13:23 10 Jan 04

Don't run two anti virus progs, it may work, but they'll probably clash and this can cause horrendous system instability ( Yes this is personal experience talking, once bitten twice shy etc. ). I like avast! 4 click here a lot and the fact that it has a version free for non profit home use is a bonus, well worth a look.

click here ScripTrap is a useful back up if you're into overkill.

woodchip 13:36 10 Jan 04

You should be OK with what you have got. Check when the subscription runs out and they ask for money

dave-jens 14:11 10 Jan 04

I have PC Cillin on my new rebuild but I am also running ZoneAlarm firewall which runs fine alongside, for free download.
You can set what you want to allow access to the internet and it blocks great. I also have XP firewall enabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…