Best monitor for Photo editing

noel_courtney 07:09 04 May 09

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this?

I,m looking to purchase a new monitor proably around 24". I will be doing a lot of photo editing (PC being built for this.

I,m wondering what people opinions are for monitors. I know I want high resolution and DVI input? Any recommendations?

wjrt 22:52 04 May 09
  rick808 23:03 04 May 09

All depends on how far you want to go with colour accuracy. The above posted monitor is fine if you calibrate it properly and are happy for a few colour discrepancies. But for a true representation of your final output you may want to look here - click here
Whichever option you go for it will be well worth you getting a decent calibrator as no matter how good the monitor is if it isn't calibrated properly you are going to get poor results.

hssutton 08:29 05 May 09

Assuming you don't want to spend £1000 plus. Then you will find the the Samsung a very good alternative taking cost into consideration.

For my recently built PC which is used primarily for photo editing using CS4 & Lightroom I have the HP 24" widescreen. It also includeds built in calibration software that produces results equivilent to using such as a "Spyder"

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…