best micro atx motherboards ?

always learning 10:30 26 Jun 04

good day,I am running xp home edition with athlon xp 2400, .266,artic fan and 400w psu and sdram.
my case is a midi with micro atx form factor. I want to change my motherboard,msi 6340v5, for a new one using ddr ram using my existing bits and pieces except for new ram.As a senior citizen I dont want an expensive board. I am based in UK.
As always really appreciate the help you guys give me. regards Dave always learning

Gongoozler 10:42 26 Jun 04

Hi Dave. I really can't recommend any micro atx boards because I think they are always a compromise with limited expansion potential. However I recently fitted an Asus A7V8X-X click here, and except for the quality of the onboard sound (which is no worse than other boards onboard sound) I think it is a superb board at a very reasonable price. There is a micro ATX version of this board, the Asus A7V8X-MX/SE, click here.

Kalb 12:08 26 Jun 04

Dave I've used an MSI KM4M-L which PCW were/are selling off quite cheaply...it's OK and suitable for an Athlon but a bit limited with only three PCI & two Memory slots but its got USB front & rear connections,sound OB, round cable connections etc...worth a try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…