//some 3rd party need geo

Best mice at present?

nick_j007 21:20 13 Aug 03

Please, I have read all the recent articles I can find on mice here, but what is the current best optical, cordless (and ideally rechargeable) mouse out there? I was looking at a Logitech MX700 (albeit 2nd hand)any good?

Many Thanks,

Nick Jones

woodchip 21:25 13 Aug 03

Have you tried what you are asking for with the battery's in, I was put of by the weight. It felt like a brick in the hand.

whybe 21:26 13 Aug 03

Nick, Logitech are a good company. I use one of their Optical Trackballs, not rechargable but good for at least 3 months use on 2 AA's. It has proved very good with a lot more features than I thought a mouse could have. Only slight problem I had it didn't like being connected via USB instead of PS2. That probably though was me. Have you checked new prices, to get warranty?

nick_j007 21:30 13 Aug 03

woodchip...thanks, yes, I expect weight is an aspect to be considered, but as it is bearing the weight on a surface, surely not a real problem?
I would use it with my Dell laptop for a change (hey I need some new gadgets to keep me happy).
Whybe, Logitech and Microsofts one's seem to be most popular so I shall keep looking I guess.

Thank you both,

Nick

gibbsy 21:34 13 Aug 03

I've had both Logitech optical corded and cordless. Both are great and responsive, but the batteries in the cordless soon wear out. Don't bother with the software though, it's only gimmicks, just plug in and go.

nick_j007 21:41 13 Aug 03

thanks gibbsy. Do you use the rechargeable type though?

Nick

Chris the Ancient 21:41 13 Aug 03

A Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical.

And I love it.

It was a bit clumsy feeling to begin with, but now it fits my hand like a glove ;0)

But, it loves its batteries. So I got some NiMH rechargeables and make sure that when I take a set out, I recharge them ready straight away so that I have a ready use spare set.

Chris

nick_j007 21:49 13 Aug 03

Cheers for that Chris.

I could do a dual act with my digi. camera batt's.

Nick

Tazfan 21:50 13 Aug 03

I have the Microsft Intellipoint Optical/Cordless. Its a very comfortable rodent indeed. I use 1800Ma rechargeable batteries (as used in digital cameras and other "high drain" items, and they last AGES. Its a bit pricey thought at £70

woodchip 21:52 13 Aug 03

Any mouse that you have unless it's one of though?s you do not have to move, will at some time need to be lifted of the desk. As you use it, that's where the problem lies with cordless mouse, what about though?s that you do not have on a desk just gesture with

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…