Best method of connecting monitor to TVIX M-4000P

erkmatrix 13:50 14 Sep 07

Please can someone tell me what method I should use to connect my TVIX M-4000P as I'm confused with all the options, S-video, component and HDMI.

The monitor I'm going to get is a BenQ FP241W 24". I was going to get a HD TV to connect it with but heard that a tv would never show as good image quality fixed up to a PC like a monitor . The monitor says it has a HDMI connector so would I persume this is the way to connect.

Would I need a special cable to do this

Cheers
Philip

woodchip 14:01 14 Sep 07

I use HDMI but its a bit slow starting unless it's windows as I have a XP desktop using 32" TV as a Monitor through the above. But a Monitor is still better

ambra4 14:03 14 Sep 07

Yes you would need a HDMI cable to connect to the monitor

erkmatrix 14:26 14 Sep 07

Well I got it wrong it doesn't have the HDMI port at the TVIX, this is the one I have click here

says its HD but doesn't have the port, think I needed M4100sh for that which for some reason is the manual I have been given with mine thats why I thought it had HDMI port.

On the back of mine it has a 24 pin port on the left hand side but not sure what this is.

Anyway whats the best way of connecting up to my monitor please if anyone knows.

woodchip 14:34 14 Sep 07

Looks like that will not connect, in the link

ambra4 14:37 14 Sep 07

24 pin port on the left hand side is a DVI port if monitor have a DDI port connect use this connector for video and RCA connectors for the audio

ambra4 14:38 14 Sep 07

Sorry should read DVI

erkmatrix 14:48 14 Sep 07

If monitor has hdmi , can you get cables that fit into my DVI port on my TVIX and into monitors HDMI port, or is that not recommended

ambra4 14:57 14 Sep 07

You have a wide range of video input on monitor and video output on TVIX M-4000P

DVI, Component video red, green, blue RCA S-Video, Composite single RCA

You can use all to get video but for the best picture use the DVI port

ambra4 15:00 14 Sep 07

Not sure you can do that,you will have to do a search on google if it possible

ambra4 15:05 14 Sep 07

Check these sites

click here

Cable is available

HDMI to DVI Super High Resolution Copper Cables

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant