Best Memory Speed for AMD Sempron 3500+ 2.00GHZ CPU

Audio~~Chip 13 Nov 11
Answered

Hello everyone My Friend has asked me to help her upgrade the memory for her machine which has a Asus M2N68-MA SE2 v2 Motherboard fitted and the above PCU. There are 2 DIMM Slots and both are taken with x2 512MB PC2-4200U memory which if fairly old in memory speed nowaday I think. I am thinking of her having 2GB or a 4GB Memory Kit but not sure which speed DDR667, DDR800 or DDR1066 ?

Can someone please match a decent speed which will work with the FSB ok of the AMD if thats what I need to do?

Thanks in advance

The Kestrel 13 Nov 11
Answer

Have you got the name of the MB down correctly, or is it M2N68-AMSE2 V2? If so the link below will give you the information you need.

http://reviews.cnet.com/motherboards/asus-m2n68-am-se2/4507-3049_7-33632758.html?tag=mncol;subnav

Audio~~Chip 13 Nov 11

Hello Kestrel,

Typo correct its M2N68-AM SE2 v2

Thanks for the link!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message