Best Memory Speed for AMD Sempron 3500+ 2.00GHZ CPU

Audio~~Chip 13 Nov 11
Answered

Hello everyone My Friend has asked me to help her upgrade the memory for her machine which has a Asus M2N68-MA SE2 v2 Motherboard fitted and the above PCU. There are 2 DIMM Slots and both are taken with x2 512MB PC2-4200U memory which if fairly old in memory speed nowaday I think. I am thinking of her having 2GB or a 4GB Memory Kit but not sure which speed DDR667, DDR800 or DDR1066 ?

Can someone please match a decent speed which will work with the FSB ok of the AMD if thats what I need to do?

Thanks in advance

The Kestrel 13 Nov 11
Answer

Have you got the name of the MB down correctly, or is it M2N68-AMSE2 V2? If so the link below will give you the information you need.

http://reviews.cnet.com/motherboards/asus-m2n68-am-se2/4507-3049_7-33632758.html?tag=mncol;subnav

Audio~~Chip 13 Nov 11

Hello Kestrel,

Typo correct its M2N68-AM SE2 v2

Thanks for the link!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message