best laptop without windows 8 gliches

peachescariad 15:03 15 Dec 14

please help - I want a laptop for my 16 year old son. We've already returned an Acer E5-571 due to the blue screen loop happening twice within 3 days of use. I've trawled through so many sites that i'm totally confused now. Budget is about £400 max. Ideally with i5 or i7 processor. But the main question is what windows 8 laptop doesn't do this awful blue screen loop after re-starting? Any advice will be gratefully received.

Jollyjohn 16:29 15 Dec 14

I have recently set up a couple of Asus laptops, from PC World, £289 without cd / dvd drive, slightly more if go to the next model up.

If you can get a laptop that is still running Windows 8. Then you can install MS Office starter... Update to 8.1 and it will continue to work but it cannot be installed on W8.1

The Blue Screen was probably caused by faulty RAM chips and should have been swapped over without a fuss.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…